Friday, August 6, 2021

Eventful July

July was an eventful month, between my new job and attempting to participate in July Camp Nano. It began with me losing my first position due to the client's desire for a guard with a law enforcement or more extensive military background. He's done this to my boss before, requesting to have such a guard sent out, but refusing to pay the money they're worth. You know what I was getting at that position? $11.15. Peanuts, for a security guard. Granted, the wage I was first offered, $12.50, isn't much better, but it's not bottom of the barrel. 

Anyway, that one fell through after my second day due to the client's demands. I was not unhappy to see it go, even though it pretty much left me unemployed until my boss could find me another position. She did so quickly, and I've been working steadily for over a week now. My first full week even included a day of overtime, and I was not unhappy about that! 

So, work is going well so far.

Writing, on the other hand, hasn't been going so well since my new position started up. The first week or more, between my transit schedule and my work's hours, I wasn't able to get any writing done at all. I eked out just a bit in longhand a couple days last week, but it wasn't enough, and it didn't feel like writing, because it was in longhand, not typing.

However, I've now got permission from my on-site boss (not the same one who found me this post) to bring my laptop and accompanying peripherals. So that's what I've done. I'm typing this up on August 3rd at around 05:50 in the morning while at work, in fact. If things go well, I'll be posting this on Thursday night while I'm at home after another week with overtime. 

As always, there's more detail in a post on my Patreon. Just sign up at the "Kneecaps" level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts . . .